Tutorial in how to add Musics in Rockband [NotSure]

This data was collected over 3 weeks ago and with the official launch of the game I now have permission to post it.

So far these are my results:

Now under MUSIC there is a folder for each song. There are 3 types of files contained in each folder. The 3 are as follows.
    .AT3

This is a standard PSP game audio file used as a preview in this game; easily replaceable. I have replaced them myself using this tutorial.
    .ATM

Now I replaced the .ATM file for Come Out and Play with the .ATM for Buddy Holly. When I played Come Out and Play the notes remained the same while the music playing was Buddy Holly. While the notes remained the same and the music changed, I also noticed the animations changed as well. Come Out and Play is a fast song on drums while Buddy Holly is a slow song. The drummer drummed the same slow beats as the drummer in Buddy Holly. There were sections of Come Out and Play when there were no notes on drums for a few seconds, the drummer continued to play. As of now, I believe the .ATM contains the in game music as well as the animations for the band. Further tests may be needed to confirm.

Side note: The .ATM file is WITHOUT A DOUBT the in game music. I replaced the .ATM for Float On with an .ATM file I found in the T01 folder named SP_T01.ATM. I figured it must be some sort of Spanish language file, I was right. When I went to play Float On instead of music playing all I heard was some guy talking Spanish.


Unsteadycarrot wrote:
The .ATM files are most likey a variation of an .AT3
wher as AT3 is a single audio file to hold the preview music
ATM is a multi-audio file using the same codec i believe, so its like lots of .AT3 encoded music files within a ATM container?
am i getting warmer? or does that not make sense.


According to Unsteadycarrot, there is a high likelihood of the .ATM file containing multiple .AT3 files. This is what I first suspected.
    .STR

The .STR file is undoubtedly the notes. I replaced the .STR from Alive with the .STR from ABC. I played Alive and low and behold the notes from ABC appeared (I even got to play the drum solo while listening to a slightly more favorable song)!

These are just some extra customizable files found in the game I thought I’d throw in.
    .PMF (Playstation Media Files)

Standard PSP video files; easily replaceable. I have replaced them myself using this tutorial.

To sum it all up, bascially, what we are looking at for customs are the following two files, neither customizable at this point.
    .ATM: The music that plays during a song

    .STR: The notes for each song (i.e. frets)


I’m curious as to if anyone else besides me has actually tried replacing song files with other song files found in different locations in the game (i.e. replacing the .ATM for Come Out and Play with Buddy Holly).

As of now I am using UMDGen v4.00 to open up the .ISO, replace files and then save (rebuild). Here is the guide if anyone’s interested. I’m pretty sure Rock Band Unplugged is LBA protected so I usually export the file list before I begin, make the 3 files inside the SYSDIR>UPDATE into dummy files, replace the files I want, import the file list, and then save as a .CSO using compression value 1. If anyone knows a better way to go about doing this please tell me!!!

sgclub.com wrote:
You can replace files, but they MUST be equal or smaller then the size of the original file.


Is this true? If so is there anyway around this?

I look forward to seeing where we get with this. I can't do it alone guys, we need testers and programmers!


Credits to thesentence